Foreclosure is a nightmare to any family going through it irrespective of the reasons why they are about to lose their home. Today we are going to look at the foreclosures effects in Greenville South Carolina and what local house sellers need to know. First we will look at the effects and the ways of easing them.
Foreclosure Effects in Greenville South Carolina to Sellers
- Loss of your home – Pretty self-explanatory here. The major end result of a foreclosure in SC is of course the loss of the home to the bank. The hit can be even harder if it was your dream house, a place where you created great memories in and loved.
- Decrease in Your Credit Rating – Your credit rating will be lowered by the foreclosure. How many points does the foreclosure affect credit score. It depends on how high your current credit score is… but the higher your current credit score… the more your score will drop after a foreclosure. If you have a credit score of 680 or higher… you may see a drop of 100+ points.
- Depression and Stress – Your mental health is at stake because of the high pressure situation. Going through a foreclosure is emotionally exhausting and frustrating to say the least. Not considering the already stress you may have from the problem that may have started the financial difficulty. It could have been loss of a job, a divorce or even worse a death of a spouse. According to exec ranks.com “Heightened personal and family stress intensifies marital troubles, health problems, and negative actions such as child abuse, substance abuse, and other addictions (Kingsley et al., 2009). These effects may be difficult to document, but they have long-term consequences.
- House Values In Your Community – Another one of the big foreclosure effects in Greenville SC is that they tend to lower the overall value of the houses in your neighborhood… especially if there are multiple foreclosures in the immediate area.
How You Can Ease The Effects Of Foreclosure In Greenville
For the well being of you and your family, you need to mitigate the effects of foreclosure as much as you can. The process can be frustrating and time consuming, but there are people who can help you navigate your different options in the process.
- Call your bank and work with them: Most banks are very willing and ready to work with you… if you can show that with their help you can get back on track and save your house. Or, if you just want out of the house but you owe more on the house than it’s worth… see if the bank has any programs to lower the mortgage burden so you can get out from underneath it without it going through an expensive foreclosure. Banks are not usually in the business of selling houses, so they want to avoid loosing on their investment.
- Talk with a local real estate expert, like Greenville Home Buyers: We know the local Greenville real estate market well and are very experienced in the foreclosure process here in SC. Give us a call at (864) 991-3275 and we can guide you toward the resources that can possibly help you.
- Sell your house: If you’d rather find a way to sell your house and avoid the foreclosure all together, great! We buy local Greenville houses for cash… and would love to look at your situation and make you a fair all-cash offer on your house. Just call us at (864) 991-3275 or shoot us your details through this website.
With the above knowledge on foreclosure effects in Greenville – what sellers need to know, you can guard yourself by calling Greenville Home Buyers at (864) 991-3275 and we shall assist you in the shortest time possible to sell your house. However, to fast track the process, kindly fill out our website contact form to give us more information about you. We’d love to connect with you and help you find the best solution!